Things our fathers told us...

adk hunter

@Muddyboots

Since Muddy has got me going by telling enchanted stories about my hunting grounds and my actual interactions with bears he got me thinking...

Now back to the title-

When I was a curious little boy (before the real talk) I was relentless in trying to understand where he got me. AND why couldn't he get me a brother!! In the most animated way he explained how bad he wanted a little boy (no kidding after having my sister first) he went up on the mountain and found me. He had to wrestle a bear and he shoved his arm down its throat and turned him inside out and there I was!! How fantastic is that!!

So what did your dad, gramp or favorite uncle tell you that was a whopper??

On the first trip to my parents home town in Southern Virginia, we were driving up the 2 lane road close to Covington thru a small section called Potts Creek.
My dad had told us a million times about how tough he had it back then. 10 miles by bike or hike, snow, uphill both ways....
My mom points out a little white house next to the road we were on. She said "Right there is where your dad lived, and right there is Boiling Springs school" (right across the street).
My dad laughed and yelled my mom's name, " thanks a lot!" We got to tell our dad all his stories were nonsense from then on.