They will not stop with bump stocks

jbs2014

The anti-gun left has no intention of stopping with just banning bump stocks. If they have success in banning bump stocks they are going to be further emboldened to go after semi-autos.

Have a look at what Feinstein is cooking up right now
https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...D1B1D722D5C4AEDAEBB6276AB36.awb-bill-text.pdf

In her bill pretty much all semi-autos will be banned. In the "allowed" portion I noticed a complete lack of 50BMG and 416 Barrett chambered rifles. Why do you suppose that is? Easy pickings for later maybe?

If they are successful in banning semi-autos how long will it be before they turn their sights on the ULR cartridges? Or things like the .338 Lapua or the Alen Magnums? I remember a few years back one of the gun control groups, Violence Policy Center (VPC), was trying to drum up hysteria about the .338 LM, 50 BMG, and the 408 Cheytac.

The individuals that are financing/pushing all this gun control insanity have publicly stated that their endstate is total disarmament of the civilian population.

So what can we do about it? The only viable option is to do everything we can to ensure that her party does not get control of the Congress in this election, gun control is now officially part of her party's platform. When you are at the range or the gun store explain to individuals what the stakes are this time around and how important it is for them to vote for 2nd amendment candidates. Do the same with your friends and family.

For you members of this forum that live in Florida, contact your representatives that are 2nd amendment supporters and let them know that you support them and if you can get others to do the same, even better. As you know many of them are feeling the heat of our adversaries IO campaign right now.

Online polls, make sure you go and vote on them as often as you can, post a link here so others can vote as well. Politicians and Newsmedia love to use these things. Let's make sure our voices are heard.

Support the NRA to the best of your ability. The NRA may have had some faults in the past but they are all we have as a viable political lobbying entity.

The fate of our 2nd amendment rights as we know them will likely be determined by what happens this November

Don't support the NRA. They're the ones who have been selling out our rights since 1934, and then taking your money in a claim to "fight for your 2A rights"... They have been behind the scenes helping write every anti-gun bill that's actually passed legislation since the NFA of 1934. FOPA, GCA of 68, Hughes Amendment, Brady Bill, Clinton gun ban, etc... They're also the ones who opened their mouths this time after Vegas about banning bump stocks! Why on earth would anyone support the NRA after how badly they've damaged our 2A rights? I know I never will.

If you want to support any firearms associations, support your local ones, and the GOA. They actually care and fight for our 2A rights!

For the record, I'm not a member of ANY of those organizations that have been listed.

Last edited:
Don't support the NRA. They're the ones who have been selling out our rights since 1934, and then taking your money in a claim to "fight for your 2A rights"... They have been behind the scenes helping write every anti-gun bill that's actually passed legislation since the NFA of 1934. FOPA, GCA of 68, Hughes Amendment, Brady Bill, Clinton gun ban, etc... They're also the ones who opened their mouths this time after Vegas about banning bump stocks! Why on earth would anyone support the NRA after how badly they've damaged our 2A rights? I know I never will.

If you want to support any firearms associations, support your local ones, and the GOA. They actually care and fight for our 2A rights!

For the record, I'm not a member of ANY of those organizations that have been listed.

Was Wayne Lapierre in charge of the NRA during the Brady Bill and Clintons gun ban? Besides their error in judgment on the bump stocks, how in recent times have they sold us out?

I like Larry Pratt and GOA and their no-compromise attitude, but do they have the lobbying capacity that the NRA does? What legislation have they stopped recently?

As a gun owner, I would never trash talk the NRA. They are the only thing between us and the radical traitors. Any small organizations who try to compare how steadfast they are vs the "compromised" NRA are only posturing. Those little guy groups, who have been spreading this stuff since the 80's, can afford to be as full of bluster as they want because their words are powerless and symbolic. The NRA makes a difference.

Last edited:
Was Wayne Lapierre in charge of the NRA during the Brady Bill and Clintons gun ban? Besides their error in judgment on the bump stocks, how in recent times have they sold us out?

I like Larry Pratt and GOA and their no-compromise attitude, but do they have the lobbying capacity that the NRA does? What legislation have they stopped recently?
No, Lapierre went in in 1991.

They helped push for the NFA of 1934 so the cops would have better weapons than the moonshiners that were running shine and the prohibition-era gangsters/mob. They helped push FOPA - Firearm Owners Protection Act (it did NOT protect firearm owners, do some research). They advised to sign the GCA - Gun Control Act of 1968. They helped push the Hughes Amendment to be signed by Reagan, claiming that the lying Dems would slack off on gun control if we "just give them this a machinegun ban..." Yeah, that backfired like always. They helped push for the Clinton gun ban claiming it would help[ drop crime rates, but it didn't...It made them go up. The Dems don't work that way. Their whole plan in total disarmament. They won't let us have back a single right, just because we gave them bump stocks...

They helped push for all this legislation to be passed, and we got NOTHING in return...EVER. We just keep getting screwed, and with each bill, slowly eroding our 2nd Amendment rights. Will we ever get the Hughes Amendment repealed? DOUBT IT! Will we ever get the HPA passed if we give the Dempanzees bump stocks? NOPE! They don't want a compromise like they claim, they want totalitarian control and total disarmament of the population...

Don't believe me? Look for yourself at who rights their gun bills they try to get passed...

there's no doubt that the Marxists want total disarmament. There is no doubt that those people disregard the Constitution at every turn and commit acts of treason against the Constitution and american people every time they get together in committee.

but despite the NRA not always winning against them, they are the only real defense we have. Time to close ranks.

Without the NRA we will become an Austrailian-like gunless nation a lot sooner than we'd like.
I am happy to give them my full support and have been a Benefactor for quite some time.
May be, but they slowly keep caving-in to the Dems...To throw 'em a bone, so they'll shut up. But that bone is another chip at the 2nd Amendment.

Other than being able to own guns, that's it. We're no longer allowed any of the original God-given freedom our fore-fathers guaranteed us. Pretty sure the 2nd Amendment doesn't have any clauses in there that say, "except machineguns, and except semi-autos, except bump stocks, except aftermarket triggers, except magazines over 10 rounds, except...except...except... It simply says, the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. So technically, that means that ANY and ALL negative gun legislation that has been passed since 1776 is technically unconstitutional, treasonous, and illegal, according to the U.S. Constitution. Back then they had military weapons...Muskets, cannons, and ships. It wasn't illegal for a civilian to own any of them. But these days it's illegal to own a machinegun, unless it was manufactured before May 19, 1986, and you pay $50,000 for it, because there's less than 200,000 transferables left in existence, and nobody can make more... You can't own a fighter jet. You get my point.

Last edited:
Jesus...this stuff stresses me out. These are the same assholes who have kept us in the Middle East for 17 years....

Mud I respect you on the forum but I'm joining the NRA. I'm joining any gun organization possible. I'm also writing my GA congressmen. Ive never been into politics before, but I can't stand for this anymore. I was told I was fighting for "freedom" in the Middle East. Well I'm going to fight now to keep ours.

Jesus...this stuff stresses me out. These are the same assholes who have kept us in the Middle East for 17 years....

Mud I respect you on the forum but I'm joining the NRA. I'm joining any gun organization possible. I'm also writing my GA congressmen. Ive never been into politics before, but I can't stand for this anymore. I was told I was fighting for "freedom" in the Middle East. Well I'm going to fight now to keep ours.

Shocked that your not an NRA member.:eek: Every gun range, I know of, has NRA membership as a requirement, and that is how it should be. I'm sure the military has lots of free ranges though. LOL

So, welcome to the club and thanks for joining. Sad you have to fight for world freedom and then come back and have to fight for your own freedom politically. But, I think you are doing the right thing.

The NRA may not be perfect, but what is. Not supporting the NRA and being a gun owner, is just spouting foolishness.

Glad your on board. :)

Shocked that your not an NRA member.:eek: Every gun range, I know of, has NRA membership as a requirement, and that is how it should be. I'm sure the military has lots of free ranges though. LOL

So, welcome to the club and thanks for joining. Sad you have to fight for world freedom and then come back and have to fight for your own freedom politically. But, I think you are doing the right thing.

The NRA may not be perfect, but what is. Not supporting the NRA and being a gun owner, is just spouting foolishness.

Glad your on board. :)

I was a member but it lapsed. :(

I'm doing a lifetime membership now

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.