THEE only gun you'd never part with

Well, I am with some. The firearms I have acquired over the years each serve their own purpose. I would not part with any of them. But comes down to it I have 2.

Remington Model 700 Classic 300 win mag- My first rifle I bought in 1995 brand new. My dad made me give my brother the 760 game master 30.06. Man I was ****ed! (Found another one 10 years ago and bought it)

Smith and Wesson Model 57-1 41 mag- My Grandfather bought two, one for him and my dad. He made me earn it and I appreciate it even more for that. Plus, he never shot it. Reminds me of him each time I handle it.

The others all have a personal connection with me but those two will be buried with me.

Remington 700VS 308 I wanted this rifle from the first time I shot it ,it belonged to a friend and he let me use it to attend my first sniper school years later I got to buy it it's extremely accurate and has never let me down if I do my part still wearing a leupold mark 4

My absolute never could part with gun would be my first centerfire rifle. Remington 700 BDL synthetic in 270 that my dad gave me for Christmas when I turned 13. It was a huge deal and I had been wanting a "deer rifle " for years. My dad didn't hunt but my "uncle" did and he would be my hunting guardian before I was old enough to go on my own. A local legend gunsmith put it together from a hodgepodge of factory new remington takeoff parts . I killed my first deer (buck) with it along with many others. I've loaned it to a good friend who was in a funk with his own rifles that killed a wall mount buck with it. Its the first gun I learned and taught myself to reload with in my early 20s. It has to have 1500 shots or more down the tube and it will still print pretty little sub .5 moa groups. It will still post published velocities out of a 20 inch barrel that were published for 24 inch barrels. It really is an anomaly and I'll probably never have another one like it. I know one day I'll shoot it out but when i do, I'll do everything in my power to make that action a shooter with whatever barrel goes in her.

Most of them
Me to!! But in the spirit of the original question, after giving my son my first deer rifle, a .300 Savage in a Remington 760 as well as my Dad's first .22 single shot, his Savage M99 .300, and his Remington 870 Wingmaster 16 gauge he purchased new in 1953, the choice of only one was made much easier.

The gun, among others my son will be getting but only when I kick the bucket, that I will not part with is my custom 700 in 7 STW. Most afternoons during the rifle season I sit on the field where my Dad shot his last deer, for obvious reasons. I have shot a pile of deer off that field with the STW, with many of them taken between 350-400 yards and with all but one with a singe shot each.

The field is also the one I took a close friend deer hunting for 13 seasons. My friend was a quadriplegic who shot a .25-06 with his mouth using a sip tube that was connected to a solenoid that tripped the trigger. We had the rifle on a rest that attached to his wheelchair and had a double gear system that would move the rifle up and down as well as left and right using a joy stick. He shot several deer over 200 yards with the setup. At the range he would shoot three shot groups well under MOA. In the 13 seasons he hunted, he shot and tagged 13 deer. We would have hunted a 14th season and more, but unfortunately he passed away after the 13th season. I used the STW as a backup if he had a cripple that needed to be dispatched before it got off the field.

I've never once sold a single firearm. I was once told guns are meant for buying not selling. A few years back I almost traded a shotgun cuz i was short on cash. I backed out and couldn't bring myself to do it. That being said, I'm not a collector, every one of my guns was built or bought for a purpose. They ALL have so many untold stories that can only be shared between myself and that gun. It can be 15 years and all I have to do is pick up that firearm and it's like a movie in my mind. Its very simple minded but that is Ir-replaceable to me. Hold'm, touch'm look atem, remember.... It's like therapy.
What adventures still waiting to be had with each one, each with its own storyline. And I'll bet you remember every step you took, every breath you made, and every thought going through your mind as you recall those cherished memories ! It's all good.

Most of my guns are part of what made we who I am and although they may pass to someone special, they are not for sale. Technically guns are just tools, and they should hold no value beyond that but how does one sell.

His grandfather s rifle with which his father killed his first deer.

His dad's service revolver

A revolver his dad built in armorer's school.

The rifle you received as a graduation present

The rifle you built when you were 10

The list goes on, but I think you have the picture

Me to!! But in the spirit of the original question, after giving my son my first deer rifle, a .300 Savage in a Remington 760 as well as my Dad's first .22 single shot, his Savage M99 .300, and his Remington 870 Wingmaster 16 gauge he purchased new in 1953, the choice of only one was made much easier.

The gun, among others my son will be getting but only when I kick the bucket, that I will not part with is my custom 700 in 7 STW. Most afternoons during the rifle season I sit on the field where my Dad shot his last deer, for obvious reasons. I have shot a pile of deer off that field with the STW, with many of them taken between 350-400 yards and with all but one with a singe shot each.

The field is also the one I took a close friend deer hunting for 13 seasons. My friend was a quadriplegic who shot a .25-06 with his mouth using a sip tube that was connected to a solenoid that tripped the trigger. We had the rifle on a rest that attached to his wheelchair and had a double gear system that would move the rifle up and down as well as left and right using a joy stick. He shot several deer over 200 yards with the setup. At the range he would shoot three shot groups well under MOA. In the 13 seasons he hunted, he shot and tagged 13 deer. We would have hunted a 14th season and more, but unfortunately he passed away after the 13th season. I used the STW as a backup if he had a cripple that needed to be dispatched before it got off the field.
A wonderful story of supporting a dear friend. I am so very sorry for his passing and your loss. God bless!

What adventures still waiting to be had with each one, each with its own storyline. And I'll bet you remember every step you took, every breath you made, and every thought going through your mind as you recall those cherished memories ! It's all good.
Yessir. It's wild because I can look at my selection of guns and see the progression of my interests in that endeavor. From my first pump shotgun to my higher end semi autos. 6 shot revolvers to nice 1911s. My first rifle to my built rifles. Remembering how proud and happy I was to own that firearm the day i got it. And the memories afield cannon be explained. It's like yesterday when you recall an adventure with any firearm.

Well it would be the 4 guns that I unfortunately inherited from my brother due to F ing Pancreatic Cancer that took him at 50.
1. Remington 700 BDL 30-06
2. Thompson center 223 pistol
3. S&W 1006 10mm
4. Ruger GP 100 357
Everything of mine can go but his will always be there.. RIP Brother