The Stall

Discussion in 'Humor' started by royinidaho, May 30, 2011.

1. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

The stall:

Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom,
    I stopped at a rest area and headed to the restroom.

[​IMG]
    "Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me,

But I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
    "Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:

"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:

"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"
    ??

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.

"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them:

"No..I'm a little busy right now!!!"
    Then I hear the person say nervously...
    "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions

Cell phones, don't you just love 'em !

2. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

That's Funny.

A person that will talk on the phone while on the crapper does not have a lot of class
    so I wouldn't let it bother you. (Somehow I don't think it does).

J E CUSTOM

3. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Good ol' Roy......:D
    I feel your pain buddy. I finally quit laughing at those folks who look like theyre talking to themselves while driving down the road. Turns out those goofy lookin cyborg earing thingys are a hands free device.
    Well aparently I have egg on my face for thinking all these folks had conversations with the voices in thier head, but at least I dont go out in public looking like the Terminator. Guess Im still kicking and screaming into the 21st century just like you:D
    Maybe we could start a club, like
    -Technology Hates Me Anonymous
    Or maybe
    -The Born A Century Too Late Club
    Or something of that nature. Im sure we could fiddle with the acronims enough to spell something "up to date sounding" hahaha