• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED the next best thing.

robert l

I am looking for yalls best guess on which primer to use on a 338 win mag full custom rifle.i can not find federal m 15s so which would yall suggest to replace the m 15s. the powder in use reloder 19 and both of the 4350s and maybe the 4831sc. thanks a bunch for any info, robert.l.gun)

Like you, I couldn't find any Federal 215's, regular or match and it's been that way for a really long time, from my experience. I've seen them on gun broker and people are wanting/getting insane prices for them.

I just ordered up 2,000x CCI 250 Magnum primers along with 18lbs of powder. I felt if I spread that hazmat shipping fee over a lot of items and it doesn't feel so bad. Ended up being equivalent to the local, 6%, sales tax.

Robert, you didn't mention which bullet and bullet weight you want to load. I loaded for my friend's 338 Win Model 70 with a 26" Shilen barrel. he hunts elk in an area where the Juniper trees are on 12 foot centers. We loaded 225gr Nosler partitions and H1000 which shot under 1/2 MOA @ 200yds. he said his longest shot in that unit in 20+ years was 150yds. We used Remington 9 1/2 Magnum primers on his Winchester brass. Like Martin said the CCI Magnum primers are my choice if I couldn't find the Federal 215M or 215 standard primers. I've been lucky and found the Federals in small town gunshops on my travels. Good luck

i have not even fired a round yet so still up in the air as for what load i want to do long range hog hunting to hone my skills.before i go to my friends in alaska to hunt for six months and do some trapping allso.thanks for the info,bob. gun)

I have a 338 Win mag and it loves 4831 and a 250 grain bullet. Good luck and have fun

Ive had very good results in my 30-338 win with rl19 and rem 9 1/2 primers. Consistant through the chrono and very accrurate. It is a very good rifle also which helps.

I used to use 7828ssc and rem 9 1/2M primers in my 338WM. shot a 250gr hornady interlock PSP bullet. it was accurate with high velocities from a short 22" barrel, but it sure was loud. That load accounted for 2 Alaska brown bears, a 8ft and a 6ft