The Mrs got her first bruin in MT

Longrange7RUM

After a couple years of chasing bears with me, she connected on the first bear she has shot at. We have had a great season between wy & mt. We have seen a lot of bears this year despite the slow start with the long, never ending winter we had. This weekend was no easy hunt either, we logged 22 miles and 6800' of elevation gain. I spotted this bear from a couple miles off saturday evening so we made a game plan to come around the other side of the canyon and try to get him on sunday. We left the trail head around 13:00 by 16:00 we where sitting in the saddle we planned to get to and watching the hillside we left him at dark. By 17:00 he was up and in the meadow across from us. She made one shot at 524 yards and hit him low but good my buddy took a follow up shot and missed after giving him a few to expire, we went and recovered him in the bottom of a nasty drifted and down timbered canyon.

[ame=http://vimeo.com/97152374]Jacis Bear HD on Vimeo[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.