The finished 6x47 Lapua I just sold.

James Jones

I got this thing done and now I'm kicking myself for geting rid of it , but Mr. Eddie Watters is gonna try to get into the 1000yd club this year with it.
here are the specs

Rem model 7 action fully blueprinted with oversized PT&G bolt with Sako extractor , rear screw hole opened up to 1/4x28 screw like the short action Rem 700 , Greg Tannel firing pin assembly and PT&G single shot follower glued in.
Bartlein 6mm barrel , 1-7.5 twist 5R rifling finished at 27" with Holland lug all polished out with 90 deg recessed target crown
Joel Russo A5L stock in Black and Brown , fitted for a better grip right handed , large oversized contured pillers and fully bedded with over 1 pound of Devcon liquid steel , finished with 18 rubbed in coats of Helmsman Spar urethane semi gloss .

6x47Lapua1.jpg

6x47Lapua2.jpg

RussoblackbrownA5Lbottom.jpg

I'm certainly gonna build another one but I gotta make sure the folks are taken care of first.
I think I may go a full custom the next go around , I sure like the way the Bat and Nesika actions feel and I'm kinda tired of looking at and working on everybody elses. I've also gotten my paws a on a couple Surgen actions and they are also very nice.

Very nice James.

I like the way you shaped the rear tang area, I just may have to copy off you on my next stock.

Good luck to Mr. Watters, and if the deal falls through call me.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.