The finished 6x47 Lapua I just sold.

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by James Jones, Apr 6, 2008.

1. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I got this thing done and now I'm kicking myself for geting rid of it , but Mr. Eddie Watters is gonna try to get into the 1000yd club this year with it.
    here are the specs

Rem model 7 action fully blueprinted with oversized PT&G bolt with Sako extractor , rear screw hole opened up to 1/4x28 screw like the short action Rem 700 , Greg Tannel firing pin assembly and PT&G single shot follower glued in.
    Bartlein 6mm barrel , 1-7.5 twist 5R rifling finished at 27" with Holland lug all polished out with 90 deg recessed target crown
    Joel Russo A5L stock in Black and Brown , fitted for a better grip right handed , large oversized contured pillers and fully bedded with over 1 pound of Devcon liquid steel , finished with 18 rubbed in coats of Helmsman Spar urethane semi gloss .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tjonh2001

tjonh2001 Well-Known Member

that thing is a work of art. i guess this means that you will have to start another one.

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I'm certainly gonna build another one but I gotta make sure the folks are taken care of first.
    I think I may go a full custom the next go around , I sure like the way the Bat and Nesika actions feel and I'm kinda tired of looking at and working on everybody elses. I've also gotten my paws a on a couple Surgen actions and they are also very nice.

4. E.Precision

E.Precision Active Member

Like the bolt handle.

Erik

5. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Very nice James.

I like the way you shaped the rear tang area, I just may have to copy off you on my next stock.

Good luck to Mr. Watters, and if the deal falls through call me.