The 500 Club ??

J Spain

Other than making a 500 yd. shot I was wondering just what else one needs .. Is there is a web. on this prestigious club ?

Thank you for any info..

If you are referring to the Varmint Hunters magazine club, you must have your shot witnessed by another member. Other than that it is based on a honor system.

When I was first getting into the longrange game I shot a crow @ 495yds (lasered & witnessed) with my 6mmAI heavy varmint rig. My buddy was so excited because he figured that I would be the first guy that he knew that would make the 500 yd club. I hated to disappoint him but although I was rather proud of the kill it still wasn't 500 yds and I wasn't about to claim it was. You know - like taking pride in a beautiful 10 pointer even though you killed it with the bumper of you 86' Chevy. Suggesting that it was your bow kill really doesn't do much for your ego.

the 500 yd club

I and two friends all did it in one day on a prairie dog town. One friend did it right away with a 22-250, the other used a 308 w/110 vmax and I was last useing the friends 308 as I couldn't connect w/mine/ran out of ammo. It really helps to get a no wind day. I plan to do it again with a 223 when I get a no wind day.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.