Thank You LR Hunters!

bblaine2k

Thanks Jay, 338, Bounty Hunter, Darryl, Jerry and Jeff for all you calming advice.

I was really concerned that my Sendero 7 RUM rig wouldn't even be close to performing. It may need some tweaking once I get some test loads run through it, but a vote of confidence from you guys made me feel a lot better.

I'm new to this sport. In fact, I even used to be critical of it. I deal with young sportsman quite a bit, instructing them on the conservation and management of our natural resources, and always told them the firearm safety rules and the need to know their marksmanship ability and quarry. LR hunting seemed like a risky venture with a propensity for wounding game more frequently than cleanly harvesting them. Yet, you guys have convinced me otherwise. While I don't think I'll rush out and tell 13 year olds to get a custom 6.5-284 and start shooting 1000 yards at game, I'll foster the interest of those who ask, once I myself have something to tell them! I truly think that LR hunters are well above the average hunter in their marksmanship ability as well as showing a high degree of dedication, professionalism and responsibility that all serious hunters share.

Thank you!

I will keep you posted on my progress. I'm hoping to get some rounds cranked out and fired next week. I can't wait

grin.gif

Good shooting!

The_Mountaineer

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts