Thank you Lord ...

for bringing my father and hero home safely on three different occasions (Viet Nam), for looking over me as I served, and for all of those that have served and sacraficed.

My first couple of CA's were pretty much a breeze, and felt they all were going to be like that. The third one was a bad one, but we got thru with a couple WIA's. It got to the point that I was down to about two belts, and we started looking for more weapons and even more ammo. But I felt the hand on my back calming me down. The First Sargent relieved the LT that led our six man team, and I think the Lord had something to do with that. Always felt he'd get me thru, and Top made sure he was there. I count 17 CA's, and Top says 23. My right hand man Randy claims 25. I started as the number two man with the hog, but after Top landed ontop me twice (he was a very big man); we switched places. Got down to a half belt once between all of us, and Top unbuttoned his shirt and pulled out another belt. I think a higher power put it there. Always felt better with Top and that hand on my shoulder. Top led the way, and a higher power shielded us.

They took us out of hell, but hell never left most of us
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.