Thank you Lord ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FEENIX, Nov 11, 2013.

1. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

... for giving me the opportunity to serve this great nation.

Ed

2. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

....and for everything I have.

3. chas3stix

chas3stix Well-Known Member

....and thanks Lord for all the veterans that have kept us safe and those presently serving.

4. cowboy

cowboy Well-Known Member

--- And please bring each and everyone of our men/women home safe that are currently serving.

5. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

to all my friends that left before me, I think of you each and everyday you made it possible for me to make this post.

call sign Trickymissfit

6. Capt. D

Capt. D Well-Known Member

for bringing my father and hero home safely on three different occasions (Viet Nam), for looking over me as I served, and for all of those that have served and sacraficed.

7. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

My first couple of CA's were pretty much a breeze, and felt they all were going to be like that. The third one was a bad one, but we got thru with a couple WIA's. It got to the point that I was down to about two belts, and we started looking for more weapons and even more ammo. But I felt the hand on my back calming me down. The First Sargent relieved the LT that led our six man team, and I think the Lord had something to do with that. Always felt he'd get me thru, and Top made sure he was there. I count 17 CA's, and Top says 23. My right hand man Randy claims 25. I started as the number two man with the hog, but after Top landed ontop me twice (he was a very big man); we switched places. Got down to a half belt once between all of us, and Top unbuttoned his shirt and pulled out another belt. I think a higher power put it there. Always felt better with Top and that hand on my shoulder. Top led the way, and a higher power shielded us.

They took us out of hell, but hell never left most of us
    gary