Texas Hog Hunt Recommendations

ingelsj

Three of my friends and I are planning to go hog hunting this spring. I'd really appreciate some unbiased input. We will be rifle hunting. A few things I'd like:

Be the only group hunting

Be able to move around - not just blind hunt

Be able to shoot multiple hogs a day

I can't say money isn't an issue but we're willing to pay for the right hunt.

Thanks in advance.

I'm watching this closely as I'm also trying to find places in Texas to hog hunt that are not a dollar a pound. I'm able to shoot all them I want when deer hunting in Texas but that ranch doesn't do hog hunts. You just get to shoot them as you see them which is all the time.

I went with Prone Outfitters a few years back. Couldn't of been happier. I saw a lot of pigs, and killed a couple. Since then their price has gone up quite a bit, but it might be something to look into.

Look up Ryan Longer out Victoria,Texas or Doug Garza at Los Burros ranch. They're both on Facebook and offer great deals, no limit on hogs.

morning, the state of TX. has free hog hunts every year. contact TP&W

about where and how to apply for these hunts. call the TP&W in counties where the

hogs r a major problem. charging a $1per lb. is crazy.

farmers and ranchers hate feral hogs. scalpers r charging big prices

for hog hunts. THK. Ulightbulb:)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.