Terrible 30-06 Accuracy

keeping detailed notes and following directions.

I was but then I ran into a snag. The scope mount I made isn't stable enough so I am going to have to get another 30-06. Hopefully the Marlin bolt actions are still as cheap by the time I save enough money.

But for now I will have to settle with buying a scope mount for my 30-30 so I can practice.

Thanks for the information, advice and inspiration!

IMR 4064 is a very good choice of powders for the 150 gr.bullet. I certainly agree that you are likely to get beter results to leave off the crimp if you do not have an auto loader. I like to leave a gap about the thickness of a nickel between the bottom of the seating die and your shell holder at the top of your up stroke. When I do crimp, it is done as a sparate operation after loaded as described above.

I shoot 150 grain Nosler Accubonds and get great accuracy with VVN 140. I tried numerous powders and VVN150 shot pretty good. I decided to try VVN 140 and that was the ticket. 52 grains shot a .525 group. I neck size with Redding dies and use bushings to control the neck tension. I would give this powder a try. It is not temperature sensitive.
Casing

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.