Technical question!!

Prieto9000

If I'm using a 20 MOA picatinny rail to mount my scope is it going to afect the elevation adjustment??
Lets say my Ballistic calculator says I need to dial up 2.5MOA to shoot 300yd. If I use the 20 MOA rail it will still be 2.5MOA or is it going to be different??

No the dial up will still be the same. The only affects will be you will have more avaiable dial up from your scope and less to dial down which we seldome use.

If your scope had 60 moa of adjustment total, with a 0 moa base, you should have 30 up and 30 down after you zero at 100 yards.

By using the 20 moa canted rail you should have only 10 down and now 50 up. It simply makes the most of your avaiable elevation your scope has. But does nothing to change the amount you dial at different distances.

Jeff

Once you rezero after mounting as Broz says, your adjustments will remain (well should) remain true. You just gained an extra 20moa over having a flat rail which gives you 20 xtral MOA of adjustment on LR shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.