Target Idea

Clayne B

I do alot of shooting at 100 yards or more with the .22lr. I can spot my hits at 100 on paper but at longer ranges its hard to tell.

So i have an idea

I don't know if anyone has tried this. So lets say your paper target is set up and you set up an orange sheet of paper behind that lets say 12 inches. would that be enough distance that the angle of bullet flight threw both sheets of paper would be different then line of sight threw target paper to see orange paper threw the hole? then maybe it would be easier to spot your hits?

I am certainly no expert on this but would guess just a peice of paper would not anlge the .22lr bullet. At least not at 12in. like I said not sure but just my guess. What about the "shoot-n-c targets"?

I do alot of shooting at 100 yards or more with the .22lr. I can spot my hits at 100 on paper but at longer ranges its hard to tell.

So i have an idea

I don't know if anyone has tried this. So lets say your paper target is set up and you set up an orange sheet of paper behind that lets say 12 inches. would that be enough distance that the angle of bullet flight threw both sheets of paper would be different then line of sight threw target paper to see orange paper threw the hole? then maybe it would be easier to spot your hits?
It wouldn't work any better than splatter targets.

The shoot-n-see targets are worth every penny for that kind of stuff. When I was shooting my 17 HMR they were my go to targets. They make spotting your hits MUCH easier.

I always just use a plain sheet of white paper with a single dot in the middle. That way if there is any other mark on the paper i know where it is hit at. I have good lucking seeing like this out to 600 yards (not shooting a 22 at that distance) as long as the mirage is not too bad. I dont like targets that have all the lines and circles on them because it is so hard to see where you hit.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.