TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS

WV Hitman

MOst of you that know me know what my "business" is- groundhog and deer management. This late winter/early spring has not been friendly. Cold temps, lots of wind. I've not seen anyone out doing what I do. I have been very persistent "working", despite getting a new knee several months ago. Pain was so bad I stopped eating and lost 30# in 5 weeks. PT has gotten me moving again, but I'm still not normal.
I've been using my .223 Contender, SSK .22-250 XP, SSK .250 Sav. AI. The wind has been so brutal I've had to hold on groundhog's rear end to get shoulder hits at 200-250 yards. Finally, I got a nice, sunny, low wind day. Got my SSK 6mm AI Encore out with 70 gr. BT and got this fellow at 188 yards. In recent years this is the earliest I've gotten this many. That makes my lifetime handgun total 15,345 groundhogs. Not shabby for an old geezer.
DSC01598.JPG

Your doing Fantastic keep it going , would love to here about your deer hunting also ,I've got a Savage super Stricker in 308 ,it's scoped took a couple years to harvest deer but i finally found some dumb ones lol🧐,two different friends had Encores in 708 borrowed one once a shot a small buck ,Oh that's some great shooting in the wind thks for talking to us 🙏👍😆

MOst of you that know me know what my "business" is- groundhog and deer management. This late winter/early spring has not been friendly. Cold temps, lots of wind. I've not seen anyone out doing what I do. I have been very persistent "working", despite getting a new knee several months ago. Pain was so bad I stopped eating and lost 30# in 5 weeks. PT has gotten me moving again, but I'm still not normal.
I've been using my .223 Contender, SSK .22-250 XP, SSK .250 Sav. AI. The wind has been so brutal I've had to hold on groundhog's rear end to get shoulder hits at 200-250 yards. Finally, I got a nice, sunny, low wind day. Got my SSK 6mm AI Encore out with 70 gr. BT and got this fellow at 188 yards. In recent years this is the earliest I've gotten this many. That makes my lifetime handgun total 15,345 groundhogs. Not shabby for an old geezer.View attachment 454739
AWESOME and BLESSED....Happy Easter...

K9, my last hunting vehicle was a black full size Bronco. Had it for 23 years, 275,000 miles. Thought I wanted a new Bronco when I heard about them. Once I saw them was discusted. Tiny, ugly, nothing like the original. I upgraded to a Platinum Explorer. 400 HP, 20-24 mpg. No regrets except not having a decent Bronco.
Here's one of my albinos. .250 Sav. AI, 85 gr. BT, 192 yards
DSC01454.JPG

.22LR XP! That's cool. I heavily use my suppresser SSK Ruger MK III on groundhogs. Using Rem. subsonic ammo. Killed over 500 with it. Longest shots are 4 from 101 to 104 yards with the sub ammo.