Take the brake off?

Feenix, you would probably be a big fan of tuners also. Brake/tuner or just plain brake as they are just dumb butt simple to tune.

I have seen some rifle/load combos fall apart when the brake is removed. I've seen some that shoot tighter groups with no POI shift with the brake removed. I've seen some with a POI shift but groups remain the same. Every rifle is different. When something is changed on the rifle, it's very wise to do more testing.

I like to grunt, and use a rattle bag for bucks when the rut is on. When I started deer hunting with electronic ear muffs, I realized that deer grunt, snort wheeze, and bucks spar with each other more than I had ever realized previously.

Feenix, you would probably be a big fan of tuners also. Brake/tuner or just plain brake as they are just dumb butt simple to tune.

I have a ~dozen different MBs and a suppressor but have not owned a brake tuner. Once indexed never really had to tune it. Radials are my least favorite. I got rid of a Vais and Gentry quiet brakes. I still have one on my 7mm STW (brand unknown) but will be replacing it soon. I have self-indexing MBs from PVA, MBM, and bugholes awaiting install/test. The closest to a brake tuner I have experience on is the BOSS. I did consider Harrell's at one time.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.