• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Tactical Bolt Knob Installation

mtp29464

I have had LPR install bolt knobs in the past but I can't get a response from them. Who do y'all recommend? I can send them to Badger but I an curious to know if there is someone else doing them.

Thanks for your response.

mtp29464,

Just about every gunsmith involved with 'tactical' rifles will do a good job on your bolt but one of the most experienced is still GA Precision.

From their website:

Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob - installed, Remington 700 [Hide Details] $95 Oversize bolt knob allows fast, easy access to bolt even with gloved hands. No more holding the bolt handle with two fingers to pass the scope bell. The extra size and length gives unparalleled control of the bolt during cycling. Provides extra leverage for stuck rounds. 7075 T6 Aluminum alloy to keep the weight down and a Mil-spec Hardcoat anodized finish to last a lifetime.
images

Read review on Snipercountry.com [Click Here]

Services - GA Precision

Regards.

I have a smith that can do it for you. $50 includes lathe turning existing knob into 5/16-24 threads, round 1" plastic knob and return shipping. PM me if you are interested.
bk1.jpg

bk4.jpg

bk3.jpg

Check out Ebay. I have been looking for a SA Remmy magnum bolt and when I search eBay, I get a ton of bolt knob installers. Most are around $50.

There are a variety of knobs out there. I even saw some that were spiral fluted and otherwise ornamentally decrative.

Wolfdawg