Tac 10i vs 15i

samson

Hello. I think I am going to bite the bullet and purchase a crossbow. My question is on the 10i vs the 15i. I will be doing more shooting out of treestands than anything else and feel that the 10i may be a better purchase. Any suggestions? Has anybody shot the 10i and is it as acurate as the 15i?

I sell PSE TAC crossbows right here at the LRH Gear Shop. The difference aside from 50 FPS less in velocity, is that the TAC 10 is a little shorter. This results from the designed shorter power stroke (distance that the string and arrow travels). I don't have the specs in front of me, but isn't the length difference only about 3 inches?

I have not shot a 10. But it would have to have the same accuracy, although at longer ranges, the lower velocity would result in a little bit more wind drift.

I have hunted out of a tree stand with armrest with my TAC 15i. Leaning on the armrest, I can hold out to 100 yards pretty easily.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.