System for Long range shooting

kishinski

Hi everyone, I'm new here and please be tolerated if I'm posting this tread mistakenly or at the wrong place. )))
I'm reading your forum for a long time but signed up recently.

Your opinions and suggestions are very important for me, and if it will not make problems I have some questions.

For my purpose(shooting up to 1000m) I choose well known Rem 700 Sendero SFII 300WM. I know that best solution would be go to custom rifle but I live on "another" part of the world, (in republic of Georgia), so I have no such a big choices and possibilities of improvisation as you have:) envy :)))

Before this rifle I had Custom Mauser .308 (with LW 26" barrel) which was shooting 0.5 MOA up to 700 meters... I change it because of caliber.

Firs of all I'm interesting what accuracy I can expect from this Rifle?
Will this factory rifle shoot sub MOA out of box?

I put on it Leupold mark4 1p Base, Burris XTR rings and Sightron SIII 6x24x50 MD.
(I have read lot of forums and reviews about this optic and nowhere found dissatisfied, displeased respond) What are you thinking about it and 1000m?

Also put on it JP tactical compensator.

I gonna shoot hand loads. (Vikh. n165, Berger 210 VLD)
will it work at long range with remington 11" twisted barrel?

and last one

I have Accuracy Systems Detachable Magazine but I think the 210gr VLD are too long for this mag. Are there any alternative detachable systems on the market which will be VLD friendly :)

Thank you guys in advance and apologize once again

Last edited:
That set up will work just fine. Welcome aboard LRH. I think your DBM choice should work fine. It's when you run into the RUM that you may have some problems with fitment and VLD's. May want to try N170 also. H1000 and Retumbo are popular powders for the 210 and 300 Win mag. May want to look for something in the same burn rate. Good luck with your build. Make sure the barrel is floated and the trigger is set to your liking. Good barrel break in and you'll be on your way.

Tank

Like Tank said, you've got the essential ingredients and a good platform to work from. So, our speculation about the accuracy of your rifle doesn't really matter. You just need to put in the effort and trigger time to make it come together.

I like to focus on developing an accurate single shot load first. Then, I worry about magazine feeding which might be resolved with seating depth or may require a magazine modification.

-- richard

Tank
Thank you for welcoming.
I have chosen N165 not randomly. My friends TRG 300WM on 800-1000 m very accurate using mentioned combination, It has the same twist rate and barrel length, hope my Rem will do the same things :)) See atch, other groups are on on 700 m.
aprox 0.3 MOA

rscott5028

I really worrying about trigger. It has X Pro and I think this rifle deserve more.

Attachments

• 800 Sako Irakli.JPG
    800 Sako Irakli.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 119
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.