Switching from SFP to FFP. Considering the Leupold VX5 3-15X44.

You have to imagine what shot you are buying a scope for and get that one. They are all versital enough to get the job done

I am starting to switch to FFP for longer range rifles. I have 2 rifles sporting Burris Veracity 3x15x50 FFP scopes and love them.

I have a Leupold VX6 2x10x42 that I love, but it is a SFP.

I am starting to really like FFP scopes.

I really prefer FFP for hunting. I have 2 March's, 2 Mark 5's, 1 NX8, and 1 Sightron SIII mounted on my favorite rifles. All MOA and all FFP, could never go back to 2nd focal. Of course, lots go for 2nd FP,
so it's personal choice.
Have you compared tour nx8 to a 5x22x56 nxs. Do you think it's as good at the nxs

The Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 CDS is a great scope, and Leupold will give you one free custom turret taylored to your go to bullet. You will need a good rangefinder, and with that combo, you will be set. When I worked in optics, this Leupold scope was one of our best sellers for deer and elk hunters in Idaho.

I love my 3-15x56 and have shot it out to 1100 yards. No tracking issues, great at low light. I always dial so I just have the firedot reticle. For that big of a scope it's super light at 22oz I think. I am hard on my stuff and it's still doing great with no issues after lots of hunting in forest, desert, rain, wind, and snow!

I love my 3-15x56 and have shot it out to 1100 yards. No tracking issues, great at low light. I always dial so I just have the firedot reticle. For that big of a scope it's super light at 22oz I think. I am hard on my stuff and it's still doing great with no issues after lots of hunting in forest, desert, rain, wind, and snow!
I have this exact scope on my coyote rifle and it is amazing! Best low light scope out there, including those that cost thousands more.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.