sweet free balistic calculator, with MOA and mil's

Re: sweet free balistic calculator, with MOA and mil\'s

Brian, Jeff in TX, all

The version at NFA is not the latest I have but it's complete in it's own right as it exists.

I emailed a newer version to a few folks, I believe Jeff In TX has it (the newer version).

I had plans to work on the ZDS (zero data summary) page but it's more often thought of as a "verified" set of data and not predicted. I had intended to "fill in the gaps" between the sporadic verified data that a user could get.

Inclined fire: It does that on the Cartridge Info sheet and I believe it reflects on the Ballistics sheet a "bit" and on the Cartridge Info sheet in a more usable form.

The spreadsheet is in the public domain and all that's asked is credit be afforded each series of 'artists' that modifies the thing.

I'm currently working on a Visual Basic version with all the things the spreadsheet has plus more. It'll not be in the Public Domain but just how it'll be presented is still up for determination.

I'm more than willing to help with any modification(s) to the sheets and understanding as I best know.

Dave, I didn't know that Bal Calc was your baby. Very nice stuff. I am one of the 90% that find it to be plenty of info. I mentioned in another post that I have been using an older version for months and simply love the thing.

One question. How do I copy and paste the chart so I can make custom drop sheets to tape to the stock? It seems that when I copy a group of cells and paste them the info gets lost because I have seperated it from the data entry fields.

Keep the resopnse simple as I am "program challenged" as it were.

just highlight what you want and print "selected"

Often times I will want to combine a detailed 10 yard increment section say out to 300 yards and a less detailed 25 yard increment chart out to 600 yards and lastly a 50 yard increment chart out to 1000 yards into one spreadsheet and then run the font size down to shrink the size of the chart so I can tape it to the stock.

I haven't done it for a while but I remember having to enter the data by hand from one spreadsheet to another and was wondering if there was a quicker way.

Browndog,

Email is on it's way! I'll send both versions, his long version and they one I'm working on for my PDA.

4ked Horn,

You have to turn the protection off in Excel to do what you are asking. Remember to turn it back on again. Go to TOOLS, then down to PROTECTION and you can turn them on & off.

Hope it helps.

Dave could you explain more about the moving target offset information. How do I use this for leads on a "blue flame" coyote.

We call them this because if you look real close you can see their feet come off the ground and a little blue afterburner flame shooting out their..."forcing cone" if your first shot should somehow miss.

Ring,

I've already put it on my Dell AXIM PDA using the EXCEL PDA program.

I've been working in my spare time (not much these days) modifying the program and adding some features I want to have. My goal is to auto update the multiple combined trajectory output page so I can input up to 6 different set ups for altitude, temp changes. That page is currently set up now to be cut and paste. I'm also going to simply that page to have the Yardage and Path Drop in inches & MOA only. I'll do a way with most of the columns. Again this is on the PDA and there just isn't much viewing room.

I also deleted some of the pages I'll never use for the PDA version. It really simplified things.

When I get done with it, I'll put up a post and offer it to the highest bidder. Just kidding, it will be available to anyone who wants it. Dave did a great job of designing this program.

Hi Jeff,

Would you be able to email an updated version to me as well?

Many thanks,
smile.gif

Frank D
[email protected] (take out nospam_)

[ 10-15-2004: Message edited by: demarpaint ]

4ked horn

Mover lead offset:

Note: The original spreadsheet was not my original design (I didn't have the equations) but adopted and significantly adapted by me, like many other folks are doing now.

I shoot sniper competitions and when we lead a mover we typically lead (hold the crosshair or other "mark" on the front (leading) edge of the mover. Well, as you would guess, if we hold the crosshair on the leading edge and the point of impact (POI) is at the point of aim (POA) (crosshair or first Mildot, etc) we'd just knick the target. Sooo... we add an offset equal to the distance BEHIND the POA that we would desire as the POI. For a human type target of ~12 inches deep on a side presentation we use 4" or 6" of offset so we'll hit 4" to 6" BEHIND the leading edge, near the middle of the target.

If you hold center mass of the blue flame coyotes you would probably want 0 (zero) offset. If you hold on the nose you'd need a fair bit of offset (18" maybe).

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Looks like you're staying busy with your e-mail. Thanks for sending the thing out to those folks.

Have you come across any head scratchers yet??? I'll be glad to assist or help out.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.