Swavorski Z5 help

Janno05

I have a 30-06 build in the safe that has been waiting on glass for a while. I recently had a chance to look through the Swavorski Z5 3.5-18x44 and was really impressed, but I am not sure if the BRX reticle or the turret would be more beneficial. I don't plan on hunting past 5-600 yards with this rifle. My main question is on the turret, is it dependent on the magnifiction? Also, if you have them set for 300 and 400 yards and have a shot at 350, do you just cut the distance in half on the turret or is it more math than that?

Thank you!

Either one works fine at those ranges. It's mainly personal preference. This link has a little more info:
http://www.highpoweroptics.com/swarovski-z5-c-694_710_893.html

The BT turret is accurate at all magnification settings. If the target is at 350 yds and you dial the BT turret to halfway between 300 and 400 yds, your aim will be within one click from the correct drop. Same for a 450 yd target, dialing halfway between 400 and 500. If you want to be more accurate, back off one click from the halfway point.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.