Swarovski Z5 Not Impressed with NEW purchase or CS

ANARCHIST

Bought a Z5 NIB 5-25 to replace a HD5 Zeiss - New Leupold QRW Medium & High rings, same Warne steel bases been on rifle for years.

Lapped the high rings, set scope in saddles look through the bore for a quick bore sight check, crosshairs high, no sweat i pop the cap start adjusting and run out of elevation adjustment lightbulb

My first thought is whats wrong here, 2 Leupolds and later 2 Zeiss on this rifle w/o an issue over the span of 12+ years, I call Swaro and get nowhere from CS they had the worst CS I ever dealt with on the phone, I am regretting having ever bought their product nor will I ever suggest anyone buy from them.

I have called both Zeiss & Leupold over the years and both ran trough basic checks on their product to confirm, Swaro imbecile just kept on about shimming, not lets check you have full range of travel in our product etc etc = SHIMS

I am hoping I can send this back, I do not want a product from a company with such a bad attitude.

Win70 Classic SS Warne steel bases Leupold QRW rings

ok I ranted enough time to contact seller for a return.

Did you bother to check the range of elevation adjustment that came with the Swarovski scope before you decided to purchase it? I think the scope performed as designed and specified in accordance with the scope manufacturer's specifications. Which is why Swarovski advised shimming the scope. And now you blame the scope manufacturer? Nice...

You should have titled your Thread "I screwed up and now I'm mad about it"

Did you bother to check the range of elevation adjustment that came with the Swarovski scope before you decided to purchase it? I think the scope performed as designed and specified in accordance with the scope manufacturer's specifications. Which is why Swarovski advised shimming the scope. And now you blame the scope manufacturer? Nice...

You should have titled your Thread "I screwed up and now I'm mad about it"

The scope has a fraction of what every other manu offers in a typical scope, and this has less than is listed. - yeah I am not impressed for what I paid for this headache the Zeiss is by far a better product and customer service totally is bob compared to other companies, CS did not even ask the model or serial number of the scope to verify it was not a counterfeit - pathetic CS - I did screw up I tried another product & came away with a bad feeling from CS.

BTW phorwath this scope is listed with 173 clicks this particular scope only turns a fraction of what is listed in their book that is included with scope - must be the same imbecile my wife spoke to on the phone this morning :)

call them again and ask for someone different. Everyone has a bad day. Swarovski customer service is one of the best in the business

Did you check the zero stop like the book says? I cussed my Swaro when I got it bck from the gunsmith and went to zero it until I went stopped and read the book. I had enough adjustment after.

I still have an issue with the scope, but not from the adjustment limits. I can't get a clear image past 18x on my 5-25x. I had my gunsmith and his son (young eyes) both look at it and they can't get it to focus either. We adjusted both the side AO and the ocular ring with no results. I'm probably going to send it in soon, see what Swaro can figure out.

Wow. I have a z5 5-25X52 that is clear as spring water from 5X clear through 25X. Thee is definitely something wrong there.

That's what I'm thinking. My 3.5-18x is very good. I have a Swaro ATS spotter and 15x56 binos also that are great. I'm hoping a trip to Swaro can fix whatever the issue is.

What was the power range on the HD5 ?? You will definitely have less adjustment range with the higher magnification scopes such as the 5-25.
Try calling Swaro again, and speak with someone else.

The Swaro Z5 has 43 MOA vertical and 25 horizontal that's pretty small. If it is a ballistic turret you may need to move the zero stop as stated by others. I had the same problem with an HD5.

Move the turret and ensure you have 43 MOA that's only 21 up and 21 down. How many clicks did you move it trying to get to your zero? You should have been able to move it 80 + or-. That Z5 is a really nice scope. With the ballistic turret design they have its designed to shoot 300 from your zero so 21 is plenty.

If its not in the zero stop get a canted base. Leupolds quality control can be off as well did you measure the bases to see if they match .056 in difference of bases will use up a lot of adjustment,

Good luck and shoot straight.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.