SW Kansas Whitetail Hunt Units 17 and 18

Comptime6

I've hunted Unit 2 in Kansas and know the lay of the land there. I was unable to draw Unit 2 this year and I drew 17 & 18 on the leftover licenses. Does anyone have any experience in 17/18? Cimarron National Grassland?

We've had a lot of success in unit 2 SW of Wakeeney, but I don't know anything or anybody around 17/18. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The only thing that I have heard so far is to look for cattle/water to find the deer. I'll be hunting WIHAs and I'm tracking that I'll be able to hunt in Cimarron National Grassland. I had planned to take a recon trip there this weekend from NW Arkansas, but I'm not going to be able to make it. It doesn't look like I have any time in my schedule to get out to SW Kansas until the season starts. I don't want to have to base the whole trip on a google map/ArcGis recon.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.