Kansas

USMC 338

anyone from kansas in this place.Moved here from Oklahoma 10 years ago to hunt deer before Kansas let nonresedents hunt and look what happend.

I am from the Sedan area. I moved here in 1990 to hunt deer that were only hunted by residents at that time.

I'm starting to run low myself. I only bow hunt in ks because everyone has hunters coming from out of state that pay big money. forced alot of resedents off alot of land during rifle season. But I have A lifetime license in OK so I rifle hunt down there.

But land down there is getting harder to find to rifle hunt.

I as well have an Oklahoma lifetime, but I usually only go down there after my archery tag is filled here. Kansas has become a sad deal and every year it gets worse. I have a some places left to hunt and I am lucky & blessed for that. I own 100 acers and it will be paid for this year, so I will always have it. I am thinking about transfering to Alberta with the company I work for, I could still come back here at Christmas and bow hunt on vacation. I have had some great hunting here over the years, it is just tough to watch it change. Hopefully they will get it back on track and start producing deer like it used to.

Kansas45, you live in some nice country over there. I drove thru there everyday for two years when I was working in Ponca City. I saw some real dandy deer in the Grouse creek area. What LR type rig are you shooting? We are getting enough guys close here we may have to have a shoot.

Redbone, I am not far enough west to have them here close. I do know some guys that have been and go quiet a bit. Most of the guys I know go out to the CO/KS line area and then also out in the Beaver,OK area.

Where are you close to down there on the border. My wife was raised in Muskogee and I went to Westville one time and got a Mtn. Cur dog, rough country.

Been stationed at Ft. Riley since Jun 05.....but, haven't physically been in KS long enough to hunt or shoot.
Hopefully when I get home in DEC I will get some time to get out and about. I heard there is a few ranges in and around the Manhattan/ Junction City areas, just need to get out and find em.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.