SURPRISE IN BOX OF NEW BULLETS

I opened a new box of name brand bullets and something about the size made me check the actual weight of the bullet. The box said 140 gr., in fact they were 130 gr. Could have been a real problem if the scenario was reversed and it was140's in a 130 box, especially given the charge I was using. In 55 yrs of reloading this is a first. Makes me wonder if I should check actual weight each time I open a new box.
I found a 7MM bullet in a box of 300 WSM factory loaded cartridges. The crimp held it in place firm enough that I couldn't pull it out.

I opened a new box of name brand bullets and something about the size made me check the actual weight of the bullet. The box said 140 gr., in fact they were 130 gr. Could have been a real problem if the scenario was reversed and it was140's in a 130 box, especially given the charge I was using. In 55 yrs of reloading this is a first. Makes me wonder if I should check actual weight each time I open a new box.
No need to divulge brand name...but what color was the box?

I handload pistol bullets in addition to my rifle cartridges.

I was shooting in my backyard range one day and had a jam. Looked down and a cartridge had failed to seat in the chamber by about 1/8".

Upon inspection there was a bullet from the previous round stuck in the barrel. Fortunately it did not travel far enough down the tube to allow the next cartridge to seat or the results could have been disasterous.

It took every bit of ingenuity, a bench vice, punch, hammer and a lot of force to remove the stuck bullet.

I began measuring the box of bullets I had loaded the rounds from and several were several thousandths oversized.

IIRC they were Hornady brand but can't guarantee it as this was 10-12 years ago.