Supressor ownership (without stamp) decriminalized in Texas

codyadams

https://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.c...cers-and-end-support-for-federal-enforcement/

4 days ago or so, a bill was passed in the state of Texas to legalize the ownership, sale, transportation or use of firearm supressors without a federal tax stamp. Similar to marijuana in other states, it is still illegal federally. Sends quite a strong message to the federal government from legal firearm owners and state legislators. I messaged my state Governor hoping for a similar bill here in the state of Wyoming to keep the ball rolling. Don't know if it will go anywhere, but if we dont try then it certainly won't.

That's great for Texas!!!
They are still "Silencers" here in Illinois. I'm afraid it will never happen here. Would love for it too, if not for just coyote control. Watching those dog calling and hog hunting videos with suppressors makes me too jealous.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.