• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Suggestions on Price Kirby Allen Rifle?

flyguy1

OK, know it's not exactly the deal here because it has ...gasp...a walnut stock but I have a Sako V blueprinted and Lilja barrel by Kirby Allen with his early muzzle brake in .257 STW. 200 rounds 7mm STW Remington brass, Redding dies. One small area of erosion of varnish on walnut, metal is perfect. Less than 100 rounds through rifle. Talley rings and bases. Any thoughts as to how much I should ask? Thanks to all. If anyone is particularly interested I will provide pictures, but again, I don't recall a walnut stock on this group. I'm in Great Falls, MT. And, btw, he did a gorgeous wood-stocked Winchester Model 70 Super Grade .300 WM for me at the same time which still, 20+ years later still puts the first 2 cold bore rounds in the same hole :cool:

1580400978589.png1580401015701.png1580400978589.png1580401143036.png1580401067066.png1580401102985.png1580401169241.png

Last edited:
Here are the pictures. I showed the one ding as best I could. The dies are Redding 2 piece and are custom; current price $200. Remington 7mm STW brass 200 rounds unprimed unopened currently $75/100 rounds. Talley rings and bases too. I had an expert reloader load some rounds with me one afternoon and then lost interest. I have no idea how it will ultimately shoot except that Sako actions are solid, Lilja barrels are top notch and Kirby Allen is one of a handful of the top gunsmiths working today. Price for the package is $1500 obo. My FFL to yours. My son in law has a paypal account which protects everyone.

Last edited:
OK, know it's not exactly the deal here because it has ...gasp...a walnut stock but I have a Sako V blueprinted and Lilja barrel by Kirby Allen with his early muzzle brake in .257 STW. 200 rounds 7mm STW Remington brass, Redding dies. One small area of erosion of varnish on walnut, metal is perfect. Less than 100 rounds through rifle. Talley rings and bases. Any thoughts as to how much I should ask? Thanks to all. If anyone is particularly interested I will provide pictures, but again, I don't recall a walnut stock on this group. I'm in Great Falls, MT. And, btw, he did a gorgeous wood-stocked Winchester Model 70 Super Grade .300 WM for me at the same time which still, 20+ years later still puts the first 2 cold bore rounds in the same hole :cool:

I would start with the invoice sheet from APS.