Stupid Move of the Day

just_jon

I recently picked up a cheap set of 6" T handle torx wrenches. I managed to twist the shaft of the T10 wrench on the first use so I decided to shorten them by 2" to hopefully get less flex. I took my time and marked each of them with strips of painters tape to mark the cut, but after cutting down the 3rd one, I realized that only the tip was formed into the torx bit and I had just created hex wrenches. I never cease to amaze myself.

Sunday at the range I forgot my earplugs after a range cold session . I was the first to shoot when the range went hot , my 28 Nosler with a brake , it was so loud it scared me , I thought the gun had blown up . Until I realized it was just not having ear plugs in .
I felt pretty stupid , but I don't think anyone saw it , LOL

Sunday at the range I forgot my earplugs after a range cold session . I was the first to shoot when the range went hot , my 28 Nosler with a brake , it was so loud it scared me , I thought the gun had blown up . Until I realized it was just not having ear plugs in .
I felt pretty stupid , but I don't think anyone saw it , LOL
What was that? I can't hear ya! Lol. I bet that rang those ears.

I recently picked up a cheap set of 6" T handle torx wrenches. I managed to twist the shaft of the T10 wrench on the first use so I decided to shorten them by 2" to hopefully get less flex. I took my time and marked each of them with strips of painters tape to mark the cut, but after cutting down the 3rd one, I realized that only the tip was formed into the torx bit and I had just created hex wrenches. I never cease to amaze myself.
I hear custom hex wrenches are in big demand . Also , now you have torx bits that work in a socket , so WIN!

Easy fix. Get the Dremel out and re-groove a Torx in the end.