Straight jacket armory?

You HAD a bad experience and ill bet 100.00 it was before me. Again go around and research since I bought the company and see what come up. Hell even research me Cole Quarnberg and ill bet you find alot of happy customers.

It was, you can keep your $100, and that doesn't change a thing in my mind. Same brand, same opinion. I don't need to research you at all, that is irrelevant to me. Sorry.

What would you base your recommendation to a fellow community member on? Your own experience or some guy you don't know on a forum telling you it's different and that you should google him? It would take more than a couple good experiences to erase the bad, and for what a custom barrel costs...no thanks. We're not talking about getting bad sushi once from your favorite local spot, and maybe for $50 you'll risk it again.

You want to change a reputation and turn a brand around? Put yourself in the shoes of those who had a bad experience with the brand you are trying to accomplish that with. Empathize with that customer, don't fight them. Show them how it's different, don't tell them. I'll leave you to figure our what that looks like for SJA and wish you luck.

Lastly, my negative experience and comments about that are not targeted at you, Cole, they are targeted at SJA who I had an abysmal experience with. I don't have an issue with Cole, I did have a bad experience with SJA and have an opinion based on it. The two can exist at the same time.

It was, you can keep your $100, and that doesn't change a thing in my mind. Same brand, same opinion. I don't need to research you at all, that is irrelevant to me. Sorry.

What would you base your recommendation to a fellow community member on? Your own experience or some guy you don't know on a forum telling you it's different and that you should google him? It would take more than a couple good experiences to erase the bad, and for what a custom barrel costs...no thanks. We're not talking about getting bad sushi once from your favorite local spot, and maybe for $50 you'll risk it again.

You want to change a reputation and turn a brand around? Put yourself in the shoes of those who had a bad experience with the brand you are trying to accomplish that with. Empathize with that customer, don't fight them. Show them how it's different, don't tell them. I'll leave you to figure our what that looks like for SJA and wish you luck.

Lastly, my negative experience and comments about that are not targeted at you, Cole, they are targeted at SJA who I had an abysmal experience with. I don't have an issue with Cole, I did have a bad experience with SJA and have an opinion based on it. The two can exist at the same time.
I can respect that and to be honest I would be ****ed in your shoes as well. Its just bothering me that guys seem to be going out of their way to tarnish what i have been working my *** off to fix over the last year. I have cut lead times, and even in some instances bought parts for guys that had SJA do stuff long before my time.

I have closed between 6-700 orders since I started and lost a ton of money doing it, and i would do it again to see all the happy customers we have had. I even became a supporter of SH and posted one time in all the months I was just to support shooters and their voice. I however had that backfire apparently but guess what I'm still supporting it just like the other forums I support. In the end we screwed up one order and I apologized and in the end made it right, but again I'm still getting blasted for it.

I wish you the best, and if you ever want to try again get ahold of me directly and ill take care of you. Glad you found someone that builds accurate stuff because in the end that's the goal!

I will say I have a pre new ownership sja rifle. Not happy at all with it.(chamber is ridiculously short barrel pressures out way early. Is that their fault or the barrel? Both is my take) Barrel is being pulled and replaced. Would I recommend them? No. I know a smith that has fixed 3 of their rifles that I know one of which that sja did twice, this other smith fixed it for the third and final time. Plenty of great smiths out there. Do they have rifles out there that hammer? Sure they do. Are they consistent? Time will tell. I truly feel for cole as he has an uphill battle in 3 ft of snow and 40mph head winds.

I can respect that and to be honest I would be ****ed in your shoes as well. Its just bothering me that guys seem to be going out of their way to tarnish what i have been working my *** off to fix over the last year. I have cut lead times, and even in some instances bought parts for guys that had SJA do stuff long before my time.

I have closed between 6-700 orders since I started and lost a ton of money doing it, and i would do it again to see all the happy customers we have had. I even became a supporter of SH and posted one time in all the months I was just to support shooters and their voice. I however had that backfire apparently but guess what I'm still supporting it just like the other forums I support. In the end we screwed up one order and I apologized and in the end made it right, but again I'm still getting blasted for it.

I wish you the best, and if you ever want to try again get ahold of me directly and ill take care of you. Glad you found someone that builds accurate stuff because in the end that's the goal!
I'm glad to hear SJA has changed hands and is on the up, I'll keep my eyes out on what I read about y'all in the near future. I had written the company off of my short list but this is good news.
Cole,

I am no expert, but perhaps a statement on your website about the change of hands and when it took place might help clear the negativity and unfavorable past experiences before you took over. I agree; you should not be held responsible for anything before your time. Good luck!

Ed

As a CEO and board member in multiple businesses, I appreciate Cole, his dedication to his customers, his willingness to take on other's issues as his own and try to implement change - that covers the business end of it. However, until there is change in the gunsmith putting out these barrels, I've taken my business elsewhere. Six carbon barrels, two shoot. I wish Cole and all his ventures the best.

Plenty of great smiths out there.

This is a fact.

Members here often believe that there are only the 10-12 who get mentioned here, as being the only ones to look into. Simply untrue! There are literally thousands of qualified gunsmiths working in this trade. Most are too busy making a living to work up a system of promotion adequate to advance there business. Do yourself a favor, instead of asking, do some serious searching using a good search engine.

Use a search engine, visit other shooting websites, get a broader picture of the real world. Expand your comprehension of the gunsmiths who work hard on a daily basis perfecting their trade.

Enjoy the search!

:)

Strait jackets good people. Nick helped me out with a warranty on a proof barrel that had a bellow in it. They're good dudes. I think he sold some ownership awhile back and now he has a partner. Haven't needed any work done in awhile but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again one bit.

I will throw in my quick 2 cents in on this. I bought all my parts and two barrels for a switch rifle I wanted to build. I then left those parts with the previous owner and expected the rifle would be put together and sent my way in the next 6 months or so. At the 9 month mark I reached out and spoke with the former owner. He told me it was close. A few months later I reached out again. Similar response, and so on. When it hit the year and a 3 month mark I was a bit upset as the rifle was for my daughters 12th birthday. I had dropped all the parts off but 1 of the two barrels that was supposed to be coming in soon 1 year before and hadn't been able to get a good response from SJA.

It was around this time Cole took over and one call to him and it was resolved within a month. He was a pleasure to work. A month later I got my daughter's rifle and additional barrel from them. Cole actually through in some extras as well so I know he took a loss on the build. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them now Cole is in charge.

Quick side note, former owner is heck of a nice guy and treated me so well when I was on site with him. I think the issue was he just got too overwhelmed and needed help. No attack intended on Nick he is a great man, just had hard personal stuff happen and his business paid the price.

Will buy from SJA again for sure.

Cole here from SJA. I would never cerakote an action at least not bolt and interior. It will get nasty. We offer a nitride service and that's the best way by far, it gives it lubricity and it helps with running much more smooth.
Glad to know you can nitride, I struggled a few years ago finding someone who would do that. Nitride is the best for coating in my eyes for the bolt. Smooth as butter..