• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Stockade Rollover Thumbhole Stock

romad97

I have for sale a stockade rollover thumbhole rifle stock. This stock is for savage SA 4.4 centerfeed actions. I purchased this stock for a build and waited for 14 months for it to arrive. I have had it for 2 months and I have just decided to go a different direction. I am going to go with a traditional wood stock instead of a synthetic thumbhole. I purchased this stock as the moneysaver option. I ordered it with Kevins new fill material which was an additional cost. I paid a total of $325 and as stated before waited for 14 months. I did do some prep work to the stock, I sanded and filled the small pinhole voids and primered it. After i primered it I decided that I wanted to duracoat it instead so I stripped off the primer. Before I went ahead with the duracoat though I decided I would rather dress this rifle with a wood stock for a more traditional look. This stock has not been bedded or shot. I am asking $300 OBO shipped. This a great stock with no wait time.

Last edited:
what is the new fill material's purpose ?

When I placed the order Kevin, the owner of stockade stocks, told me that this new material that he offers is a tad bit lighter and a lot stronger than the stuff he uses in his regular stocks. I honestly do not know what the difference in material actually is. I can tell you that I have two other stockade stocks with his original filling in it. I can't tell the difference in quality but, the new stuff is a gray and the other two stocks I have are a yellowish color. Its supposed to be stronger material and Kevin really talked it up when I placed the order which is why I went with it.

What profile? Top or bottom bolt release?

According to stockades website it will accommodate up to a .750 muzzle diameter. It would be easy enough to open it up if needed though. I have a heavy sporter, not sure what diamater it is, that fit perfectly inside of it. It definately had room to spare but not enough that it looked funny by any means. It is for a top bolt release.

Recent Posts