Stockade Gun Stocks

bjlooper

I talked to the owner yesterday. He made some pretty strong claims about his stocks, as well as his complete rifles. Does anyone have any experince with Stockade?

Thanks
DR B

I had a Savage that Kevin built for me and several barrel that he rechambered. His stock are very well made and very strong you won't be dissapointed with his products or his work.

bjlooper, Kevin Rayhill of Stockade Stocks is well known and makes a nice stock, I've got two of his. The nice thing about Kevin is he sells "out of the mold" stocks for those who are handy and can finish up a stock on there own; these are a great value.

If you are building on a Savage action, then a Stockade is definitely a nice and affordable way to go for a quality stock. What action are you using?

TAC

i have one of his stocks its called a muledeer its very well made i highly recommend one there is a picture of it in a different thread under stock recommendation

JIM

I have one on a 6.5WSM I picked up early this year. It is a standard sporter contour. The front half of the forend is flat on the bottom, nice for riding the bags. The forend is about 1.5-2" longer than standard. Don't know why but it looks good and seems quite rigid.

As an aside, the paint job had some deep gouges in it when I got the rifle. I called them up and they warranteed the paint job. I would definitely buy a stock from them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.