Stock upgrade question

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by cmillett79, Sep 4, 2009.

1. cmillett79

cmillett79 Well-Known Member

I have a sendero on the way that is in the "sporter" style H&S stock......Im going to build this rifle up into a LRF .... I need to install an adjustable cheak piece , I just dont know where to find one ... Any suggestions ?

2. preacherman

preacherman Well-Known Member

long or short action?
    rh or lh?

3. ejones338

ejones338 Well-Known Member

You can get a great one from defensive edge, or if you are handy, you can do what I did. I bought a small remnant sheet of kydex plastic online, cut it to shape, boiled it to make it soft and draped it over my sendero applying pressure until it hardened again. Then I slotted it, drilled the stock and using stainless carriage bolts and thumb nuts "voila". Adjustable cheek rest shaped and fitted to my taste.

4. cmillett79

Preacherman the rifle is a LA RH

Thanks ejones....I'll look inyo that route if I cant find one...Ive never done anything ike this so I may be looking for some direction.

Thanks guys

5. RT2506

RT2506 Well-Known Member

I have made this poor mans cheek rest. Take one of those elastic ammo holders that fits around the butt of the rifle. I took some pieces of closed cell foam sleeping mat that you can get at Wal-mart, the blue ones, and slipped them under the elastic to build up the comb of the stock till it fit me. Cheep and easy.

6. cmillett79

Yea I already have one rifle Ive done like that...Thought about doing it to the sendero but I would like something with more adjustabilty and rigidness to it...I believe when I get the rifle in I will ship the stock to dfensive edge and let them install one.

7. 4bycamper

4bycamper Well-Known Member

Found an adjustable cheek piece. It's Gunbroker Auction # 138600005 .
    They're asking $56.00 for it. You can get it with knobs or allen screws.
    Looks pretty good to me.

8. cmillett79

Thanks 4bycamper... I didnt think about gunbroker...I will check it out ...