Stock lengthening

shedhunt

I recently purchased a Bell and Carlson stock from someone and when I received it, it appears to have been cut down a little bit. Since this has happened, is there a way that I can add or mold on something to lengthen out the but of the stock for a better feel when sitting behind it?

All recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Don

I recently purchased a Bell and Carlson stock from someone and when I received it, it appears to have been cut down a little bit. Since this has happened, is there a way that I can add or mold on something to lengthen out the but of the stock for a better feel when sitting behind it?

All recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Don

Normal length of pull is between 13.5 and 14 inches.

If it has a thin (1/2'' or less) you can change to a 1'' and gain some.

The next thing I would recommend would be an adjustable but plate. These are normally used
when shooting different position matches (Standing, sitting and prone where the length of pull
changes as much as 2.5 ".

J E CUSTOM

J E Custom, thank you very much for the valued information. That was a thought that I had, but wasn't sure if it is a recommended way to go for a hunting rifle. I will definitely look into this style.

Don

Get your money back if you can. If the stock had been modified you should have been made aware of it before purchase. If you looked at it and did not notice you own it. A stock that is screwed up and does not fit is junk so you really can't hurt it by adding something to get the proper length.

When I used to backpack hunt I used a pull of 13 inches as I shot with the pack on with the rifle against the shoulder pad. Maybe that is why its a little short??

Thank you Jim...I wasn't made aware of it and am pretty sure that there will be no refund...I think I will take it over to my gun smith and discuss with him my options.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.