Stock Choice Problem

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by Brown Dog, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

I'm trying to come up with a decent solution to stock a long range left handed Rem 700 rifle.

I would prefer something along the lines of an AICS or a thumbhole laminate.

I'm stuck.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

(I've not chosen HS Precision because they only do RH thumbholes and nor have I gone for a McMillan because -I know it's heresy- I think that up-close they look a bit rough/home-made)

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited by: Brown Dog ]

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Brown Dog

Bruce Baer (1k gunsmith in PA) makes about 25 different laminate pattern stocks in any color. Can order inletted or pillar bedded.

go to www.geocities.com/cmsad1/BAER

Absolutely great stocks and cheaper than other big names.

BH

3. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

BountyHunter

Thanks, great looking stocks on that site. I have emailed to ask if they'll do me a lefthander. Fingers crossed!

4. CAM

CAM Well-Known Member

BD
    Might check out the Elkridge stocks, Thats were I got my lefthanded thumbhole laminate.
    www.reamerrentals.com/elk_ridge.htm

You need to finish them your self tho, Just depends on what you like. I take a lot of pride in finishing my stock, even if as you say "bit rough/home-made". I don't plan on entering it in a contest! I just hunt and injoy the fact I had a small part of building it! First thing people ask is were I got the stock, then about the action etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CAM