Stevens 200

backcountryguide

Wanting to start a new build and these seem to be a good place to start. The ultra mag is singing and I just want something smaller still good to a grand. Im not familiar with these rifles and would like to start with a stock and trigger up grade and see how it shoots. Going to get it in 7mm08. I am a little confused on the long and short action and need to know what stocks I can get. Maybe a barrel up grade in the future depending on if it shoots or not but want to keep it on the light side. Any ideas or input?gun)

The stevens 200 is a savage as I'm sure you already know. Unless you just want to build a custom, (like me:D) I would check on some of Savages' other factory options that come with good stocks and triggers already assembled. You might actually save some $$ and get as good a shooter. You could still re barrel in the future and with a Savage barrel wrench, could swap back and forth in a few minutes. Which ever way you go, it will all be fun! That's the good part........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.