Stevens 200 Modification help needed

TORCHRIDER

I have a new Stevens 200 in 7mm-08. I am going to sell the barrel and use this action for a project. My questions are:

1. Does anyone make a GOOD replacement stock that will accomodate the blind magazine without modification?

2. Does anyone make a GOOD replacement stock that will allow me to convert the 200 to a removable magazine?

3. Does anyone make a good trigger for the Stevens 200?

By the way I have posted this on Savageshooters.com as well.

Thanks!

As far as a trigger, I have heard the Sarp Shooter Supply trigger is the best one out there, if you can get them to answer the phone. I put a take off savage 3 screw on mine for now, you can find these cheap, got mine for free.

Blind magazine stock, I am going with the Bell and Carlson A2 Medalist, I dont know if it is a drop in, just the one I decided on.

For a stock with a removable mag, again Sharp Shooter Supply if you can get ahold of them.

Forgot, might not be drop in but Stockade may be able to help you, they offer bedding and gunsmithing, and I have heard turnaround time is faster than SSS.

Hope this helps some

Hi,any stock can be inletted for a dbm,i know manners have the inlet for cdi bottom metal and mcmillan and h-s precision make stocks also,just make sure you measure the screw spacing on your old stock as there are two different lengths and two different feed styles,the newer ones are single feed(4.4") and the older ones are staggered(4.275"),timeny and rifle basix make triggers also.

I have several of every aftermarket triggers available for Savage/Stevens. Prefer the new Jard trigger over all (well...except the Canjar).

Jard provides a new bolt release/sear with their trigger as well. Helps the geometry on Savage/Stevens quite a bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts