STEER CLEAR!!!! Split Diamond Outfitters WA

Catwhacker

We booked a trip to New Zealand for red stag and fallow deer through Spit Diamond Outfitters. I realize Matt Wilkins isn't the outfitter in NZ. The NZ outfitter had NOTHING to do with our experience, Matt kept them in the dark and the outfitter actually tried to make things right when we told him about our issues. I Matt is no longer associated with them, we just found this out today. He told us all along he would keep an eye on airfares, let us know when the prices were relatively low to purchase airfare, and help us find a place to stay before we left Christchurch. He hasn't done ANYTHING, except take our initial deposits. We have barely had any form of communication from Matt, since he took our initial deposits. We were supposed to start the hunt on March 23rd. I finally got nervous enough as to whether we even really had a hunt booked, that I called the outfitter directly. Travis has REPEATEDLY tried to get in contact with Matt over the last few months, and has gotten no response to phone calls or emails. Long story, short.... I will NEVER recommend Split Diamond Outfitters for anything after this. Sorry for the rant, but if he treated us like this, who's to say he won't treat y'all like this?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.