Starlight Rifle Case Question

cdmorten

I've got 2 Starlight Double rifle cases. By the way, I just picked one up today at my local Sam's for $87. Anyway, on both of them I have a problem with the two middle latches being super hard to pop open. The two end latches are fine.

Has anyone else noticed this, and have you come up with a fix for it? Thanks.

Hey, it won't leak or fall open.
grin.gif

I've got a little SL case for my Oehler 35P, it's nice. The latches are stiff, but positive. It sounds like yours may be a pain tho. Have you checked to see if others at Sam's are like that also?

Corbett

I have several Starlight cases, bought then from Brack Wilson at Starlight. The latches are sometimes difficult to open but I've come to accept that as part of the security package. I've toyed with the idea of drilling a hole in the latch paddle and inserting a piece of 550 cord as a loop handle to aid in getting them open.

That's a characteristic of Starlight cases. All of mine are tight like that. Dave's idea is the best I've heard.. Don't silicone or oil the latches. They won't stay closed.

I forgot to say this, but I "always" press down hard on the case, then lift the latch. That just seemed necessary, and helps a bunch.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.