Stainless Proof barrels

wjarrell

I hear a lot about Proof carbon barrels but never hear anything about their stainless barrels. I have a 700 in 7 rem mag that I would like to rebarrel. Anyone have any experience with their stainless barrels? Thanks

I have a buddy thats Lead Instructor at Core Shooting and they seem to love them, He says they shoot and hold up Great. I was able to shoot his 6.5 x 47 Lapua and it was a Very good shooting barrel. Other then that I don't know much about them. If anyone is on Facebook shoot Ryan Castle a PM he will give you all the info you would need.

I have a buddy thats Lead Instructor at Core Shooting and they seem to love them, He says they shoot and hold up Great. I was able to shoot his 6.5 x 47 Lapua and it was a Very good shooting barrel. Other then that I don't know much about them. If anyone is on Facebook shoot Ryan Castle a PM he will give you all the info you would need.

Yup. Satterlee with Core is who put the bug in my ear about them and I'd seen a few at shoots. I've been burnt lately with bad barrels and I'm hesitant to move away from what works.

Yup. Satterlee with Core is who put the bug in my ear about them and I'd seen a few at shoots. I've been burnt lately with bad barrels and I'm hesitant to move away from what works.

Based on the above I'd personally hold off and wait until they're more popular. Nothing leaves a bad taste in your mouth like dealing w/ BS. You should buy your equipment with little to no doubt. Besides there is always next time.

Based on the above I'd personally hold off and wait until they're more popular. Nothing leaves a bad taste in your mouth like dealing w/ BS. You should buy your equipment with little to no doubt. Besides there is always next time.

Agreed. I've got a pretty coupon deal for a pretty substantial discount for 2 steel barrels. Enough to where this is why I was looking into it.

Same as the liner in their carbon barrels, correct?

People love the Proof carbon barrels so I see no reason why their steel barrels would be any different.

Same as the liner in their carbon barrels, correct?

People love the Proof carbon barrels so I see no reason why their steel barrels would be any different.
I myself like Bartlein barrels, Brux, Krieger and Proof barrels are all cut rifle barrels.
There all within $25.00 of each other and all good barrels. What contour are you going
with. There is a lot of dealer that have barrels in stock.

I run Proof Heavy palmas in my match rifle and trainer rifles. They have been very accurate for me. They are easy to spin up, and the ones I've had have been very straight.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.