Stability Formula for Aluminum Tipped Bullets (Spreadsheet linked)

Please excuse my ignorance here (my education lies in a different subject matter), but what do;
Sg(CD) = 1.207
Sg(PT) = 1.725
Sg(OTM) =1.570
Sg(AT)= 1.622

mean? I'm guessing the values in parenthesis are specific bullet references? but "Sg" is beyond me....

Sometimes it seems like science and math have one drowning in alphabet soup.

The published papers and spreadsheet contain the details, but to briefly summarize:

Sg Gyroscopic stability
CD Constant density bullet
PT Plastic tipped bullet
OTM Open tipped match bullet
AT Aluminum tipped bullet

so that Sg(OTM) is the gyroscopic stability of an open tipped match bullet with the entered dimensions and conditions, etc.

Sometimes it seems like science and math have one drowning in alphabet soup.

The published papers and spreadsheet contain the details, but to briefly summarize:

Sg Gyroscopic stability
CD Constant density bullet
PT Plastic tipped bullet
OTM Open tipped match bullet
AT Aluminum tipped bullet

so that Sg(OTM) is the gyroscopic stability of an open tipped match bullet with the entered dimensions and conditions, etc.

Thank you very much!

It would be good to have a more thorough understanding/knowledge of the context and baseline values which are significant to these data. I probably need to break out my google-fu and research these concepts more instead of side-tracking a discussion in progress - this is clearly the "deep end of the pool".

However, though I do lack the knowledge to understand the mathematical/scientific process used to arrive at these values, at least I now have some footing to attempt to make comparisons if such values are presented!

Again, thanks for your explanation!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.