Staball HD

After running the magneto speed on what I'm believing to be a slow barrel, 70.5 grains of staball hd and a 24" barrel gets me 2822fps. Good news is that it's just over and inch grouping at 200 yards. Should do for deer and spring bear if I'm not carrying my 300 win
MS, I love those M77's. I'm in the market for one right now in 7 Rem mag so I'm enjoying following your updates.

MS, I love those M77's. I'm in the market for one right now in 7 Rem mag so I'm enjoying following your updates.
They are a solid rifle platform, this one was my grandfathers and passed on to my uncle who recently passed it on to me, so its got a bit of sentiment. I was hoping for a little more speed but I have a hard time passing up accuracy.

Had a M77 in 243 WIN many years ago. Heavy barrel. Shot bug holes in my late teens, early 20's reloading days. Let it go to a step nephew in need of a beginner gun. Was the right thing to do I suppose.... Except I miss it rather often.

Moral: Never sell/gift an accurate rifle.

Corollary: This is why buying used rifles is challenging (smart owners never sell the accurate ones)....

Had a M77 in 243 WIN many years ago. Heavy barrel. Shot bug holes in my late teens, early 20's reloading days. Let it go to a step nephew in need of a beginner gun. Was the right thing to do I suppose.... Except I miss it rather often.

Corollary: This is why buying used rifles is challenging (smart owners never sell the accurate ones)....
Lotta wisdom right der

If it's mechanically sound and doesn't have a fried bore I'll try it assuming a decent price. Most of what I'm interested in is stuff a non-handloader can't afford to shoot around here anyway. It's also fun to take out a rifle you just re-worked a bit because some idiot owned it and have it shoot bugholes...
As far as Staball hd... tagging in. I'd like to hear more about this stuff before I drop coin on it.