Staball 6/5

Works good in my model seven.
But work up to your guns capabilities dont just use my load. Whats safe in my gun might not be in yours.
FB_IMG_1677643812870.jpg

Hey, this is a load I'm using in my 7-08: Barnes 145gr LRX and StaBall:
49.5 gr StaBall, the LRX, Rem 9.5 primer Federal case, 3.210 CBTO (I don't zero out the mic when I put the Hornady Comparator on). Shooting at 50 degrees got 2823FPS and SD of 8
My max chamber length with the 145 LRX is 3.288, I think I loaded them to just work in the magazine with no issues. I also didn't make a note on if I gave them a little crimp with a Lee, but I think I did. I got a group of .433 at 100 yds with this load.
Take Care

I know I have some sitting on my bench right now with the intention of loading some 120gr HH in a 7mm-08. I'm thinking about buying/building a 7mm-08 for myself, I had one that I gave away, and I wish I still had it. I'd also consider using StaBall Match.

Last edited:
My 7-08 refused to like this powder. And trust me I tried to force it to like it.
Great velocity but that's all I got.
I tried it with 140 and 150 grain bullets and groups were not good.
Your rifle will love it or hate it.
Be warned it will spike in pressure quickly!

Often, a change in primer brand yields significant results along with a different size bushing, we have seen this over and over again.

Gingerman, I have my fingers crossed for you on that 7/08 AI with this powder, expecting some great results. You already have a hands-down winner with the HV100!

I'm on a cheap side when getting into a new cartridge, so I bought some ppu 7-08 brass and previ 120, 150 and 175's for an AR build. I'll try hunter, big game, 550, 6.5staball, imr4320 and cfe223 to start with.

Often, a change in primer brand yields significant results along with a different size bushing, we have seen this over and over again.

Gingerman, I have my fingers crossed for you on that 7/08 AI with this powder, expecting some great results. You already have a hands-down winner with the HV100!
I agree with the primer change but after all the fiddling around with 6.5 I loaded them with big game and developed a load quickly. About 70 fps slower but way better groups. I'll come back and try staball another time, maybe.

I agree with the primer change but after all the fiddling around with 6.5 I loaded them with big game and developed a load quickly. About 70 fps slower but way better groups. I'll come back and try staball another time, maybe.
Since temps over here are over 100 degrees I loaded on the light side to avoid sudden spikes. Plus I could have some carbon build up from my Ramshot Hunter loads. I like Staball 6.5,...... wait it's a horrible powder. ;)

Since temps over here are over 100 degrees I loaded on the light side to avoid sudden spikes. Plus I could have some carbon build up from my Ramshot Hunter loads. I like Staball 6.5,...... wait it's a horrible powder. ;)
As others mentioned before, if your rifle likes it you are golden and if not you are taking a golden shower. I'm showering.