SSG 260 carry rifle

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by blipelt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Chambered in 260
    Defiance Action
    Brux Barrel 1:8twist finished at 26" threaded for a suppressor
    HS bottom metal
    Shilen trigger set unbelievably light and crisp
    Mcmillan HTG adjustable stock
    10lbs4ozs as shown

I have chosen a Mark4 6.5-20X50 for this build just to try to keep it around 12lbs.

Brent

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Very nice!!!! Nate is building me a 260 as well! Let us know how well she shoots.

3. blipelt

Are you building a tactical? Only reason I ask is if you have seen Nate's bottom metal? IF you haven't here is a photo

[​IMG]

I think it looks pretty sweet, and about the same price as hs bottom metal

Brent

4. pistol

pistol Well-Known Member

A very nice looking rig congratulations, I was wondering did Brux do the spiral fluting on the barrel ? Tom

5. Capt Academy

Yes, it will be a tactical rifle. I will be shooting tactical matches with it, as well as running a Thunderbeast suppressor. Currently, I shoot a suppressed 308 for the matches.

Thank you for the picture of the bottom metal.

6. blipelt

Pistol, if memory serves me, Karl Kampfeld did the fluting. I think Nate isn't quite setup to do it yet, but soon.

Brent

7. blipelt

A few better pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I especially like the thread protector on the end Nate made. It adds that something extra.

Brent

8. 188MULE

188MULE Well-Known Member

Nice rig Brent,

I was up at Nates a couple weeks ago and got to look over your rifle, pretty sweet. And that trigger was reeeal nice. Is that one of Nates new bolt knobs? I'm going to get my 7mm up to him for his bottom metal, a saddle cheek piece, and one of his bolt knobs soon.
    I had him KG my 6.5, I have a few things to finish on it yet. I'll get some pictures up when its finished.
    I noticed you were selling a few scopes awhile back but I was to late, any other scopes coming up for sale?

9. blipelt

Yes it is one of Nate's bolt knobs. I sold a couple NF's and one Mark 4. What kind of scope are you after. Pm me and I will check and see if I can locate one for you. I have been falling into some pretty sweet deals lately.

Ask Nate about the next build. With Nate, Donovan and Richard offering help I can't help but build a bench gun.

Brent

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  10. blipelt

It has been a long winter. With my week off I finally got a chance to do a little load development with her. I used H4350 for my main powder and having a 308 hs bottom metal I was limited on seating depth. After using Berger 130's, Amaxs, and accubonds I came to this recipe. With alot of advice from one of the best benchshooter we went out and did a little testing. Here is what we came up with.
    3 shot group 130 bergers
    [​IMG]

I guess it will have to do for my hunting rifle:D. .146"

Brent

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  11. Capt Academy

Wow! can't argue with that!

12. BenY 2013

BenY 2013 Well-Known Member

That is one sweet rifle, congrats:cool:

13. 188MULE

188MULE Well-Known Member

Nice shootin tex, whatcha gonna hunt with that rig? I am really lovin my 6.5 from Nathan, not a lot of recoil just fun to shoot. He has my 6.5 right now, putting a shilen trigger and three position safety on it. Also fluting the bolt. I sent my 4.5 leupold LR in and had M1turrets put on it for this rifle. I ended up buying a used USO SN3 for my 7mm. I think you have a 7mm norma or something right? Are you shooting 180's and at what velocity? How far out does that get you?

14. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

Nice rifle and awesome 3-shot group!