Springfeild armory

Val

Hey guys just want to know if any had any experience with these type of scopes. I have a chance to get one for a good deal and wanted to kno about it first. I can't seem to find anything on the web about it so I'm coming to the experts. It's a 6x20 56mm gov. Model. Any info would be great. Planning on using it at 500 to 700 yards prone shooting paper . Thx again

Does it have the internal scope level ? I always thought those were cool . I can't believe no other scope company has picked up on that.

Yes it has an internal level. Its a very nice piece but I'm novice so I can think **** is gold and never kno lol

Redhead, US Optics does offer the internal bubble level as an option on their rifle scopes...

OP, I did have one of the Springfield Gen II or III (I can't remember) mounted on an AR-10 in .308. The scope had the BDC reticle for the 168smk round IIRC. Hold over wise It worked fairly well.... but if I remember correctly the turrets weren't as solid & repeatable as I think they should be.

There was a new Springfield scheduled to come outsome years back, talk was very high & preliminary tests showed promise, then it disappeared, no word no nothing, just died.

I probably wouldn't suggest picking it up, as they are no longer made, there MIGHT be problems should you have to warranty it.

Hope that helps...

I have had two. Had being the key word. They are crap and their customer service is (was) worse. The first one crapped out. The reticle internally was turning. I sent it in for warrenty and months went by. I kept pestering them and it took 8-9 month for them to finally deal with it. They did send me a new one and not long after that, it went blurry.

Was the 4.5-14 Government model.

Never heard anything good about them since then.

Back in the day Springfield scopes had a lot of great ideas (FFP,buble level and balistic reticle) but they just didnt have the reliability, repeatability, customer service or glass to be useable.
I still have a 4-14 with the 223 reticle that works ok as long as I just use the reticle and dont try to dial it BUT it took 4 trys to get one that the bubble was level and that would hold zero!!

Too bad ! thought it would have been a good scope. Makes me glade I didn't buy the one I was thinking about. That explains why they are no longer around. Best to stay with the tried and proven.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.