Spring is HERE

I use to ice fish Whitehall, (birth place US Navy) on South Bay, Lake Champlain and had many trips of -25 actual and ignored WC. Really doesn't matter at that temp! Crazy tough keeping tip ups from freezing SOLID! Fish seemed to bite best too at these low temps. Burned a lot of blow down wood! A real treat was renting shanty with wood stove and trap doors to fish inside.! Back then 25 tip ups snd 2 hand lines were allowed. Now "only" 15 tip ups!! This is plain work!

Shoot that darn woodchuck!

HAZARDOUS TRAVEL POSSIBLE TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY... Light to moderate lake enhanced snow showers, falling temperatures, and gusty winds may cause travel difficulties tonight into Friday. Visibility may be reduced at times, and roads will become slick. If travelling, make sure to use caution, slow down, and give yourself more time to get to your destination, especially during the Friday morning commute. Be alert to variable conditions. Snow accumulations will be light, with 1 to 2 inches expected through Friday evening. Localized amounts of around 3 inches possible in any stronger snow bands. West-northwest winds will gust to around 25 to 30 mph through Friday morning, and wind chills will fall into the single digits above and below zero.

I use to ice fish Whitehall, (birth place US Navy) on South Bay, Lake Champlain and had many trips of -25 actual and ignored WC. Really doesn't matter at that temp! Crazy tough keeping tip ups from freezing SOLID! Fish seemed to bite best too at these low temps. Burned a lot of blow down wood! A real treat was renting shanty with wood stove and trap doors to fish inside.! Back then 25 tip ups snd 2 hand lines were allowed. Now "only" 15 tip ups!! This is plain work!
Ice fishing in anything under -5 or -10 sucks. Holes freeze back up so fast.

You guys are making me cold just reading this. I'm already spooling new line on fishing poles in preparation for some river small mouth fishing. Should be in the 60's next week here. Ice storm this week.
Man my boat is all snug and warm for the winter, should have her out by late March!!! Can't wait for the smallie bite!!! Also gonna try again for sturgeon at CJ.

Good day all!
We saw some Robin Red Breasts running around the yard plucking worms out of the ground and the Red Bud Trees are BUDDING!
Won't be long until the heat hits. Still need to get through Feb and March. We had one of the worst Snow Storms the third week of March several years ago. Shut down everything for 4-5 days.
PD Hunting in MAY and Chuck hunting in June!!!!
YEEEEE HAAAA!!!
Spring is most certainly not up here and might not be for 2 months (March is always a wildcard)

Celcius and Fahrenheit haha

My dad has two robins THAT NEVER LEFT. They have lived in his hedge all winter, lots of frozen berries to munch on. We figure one must have been injured when they'd normally head south and it's friend or partner didn't leave them behind. I thought they'd die in this but they've made it so far. Though they don't ever do anything. Just eat berries and hide in the hedge and stay close to each other.

The will to hang on to life cannot be overstated. It's gotten down to below -40 a few times here this winter as usual. They're still alive.

Attachments

• 56E4EEDA-F15F-4645-8137-8327BAAF20C0.png
    56E4EEDA-F15F-4645-8137-8327BAAF20C0.png
    494.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 700AE552-CC5E-4169-9352-A05C863C44A5.png
    700AE552-CC5E-4169-9352-A05C863C44A5.png
    498.4 KB · Views: 24
Spring is most certainly not up here and might not be for 2 months (March is always a wildcard)

Celcius and Fahrenheit haha

My dad has two robins THAT NEVER LEFT. They have lived in his hedge all winter, lots of frozen berries to munch on. We figure one must have been injured when they'd normally head south and it's friend or partner didn't leave them behind. I thought they'd die in this but they've made it so far. Though they don't ever do anything. Just eat berries and hide in the hedge and stay close to each other.

The will to hang on to life cannot be overstated. It's gotten down to below -40 a few times here this winter as usual. They're still alive.
Dang Calvin45, hard NOT to lend em a helping hand after proving their so tough... Could put out some nightcrawlers for em but they'd probably deposit the remains square on your windshield :mad: The robins here just crap all over EVERYTHING!!!

Good day all!
We saw some Robin Red Breasts running around the yard plucking worms out of the ground and the Red Bud Trees are BUDDING!
Won't be long until the heat hits. Still need to get through Feb and March. We had one of the worst Snow Storms the third week of March several years ago. Shut down everything for 4-5 days.
PD Hunting in MAY and Chuck hunting in June!!!!
YEEEEE HAAAA!!!
Punxsutawney Phil just said six more weeks of winter lol.