• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Spotting Scopes

Timnterra

I need to pay some bills and I realized I've got too many spotting scopes and can sell a few.
1. Kowa TSN-500 this is the lightest weight spotting scope imaginable I think it only weighs 14oz. I got it to take on a backpack elk hunt that hasn't ever transpired. $220shipped with box
2. Bushnell Tactical 14-45x60 mil reticle FFP spotting scope. I got this scope for PRS matches where everyone uses mil scopes and I have never taken it to a match. I just don't have the time I thought I would to go to matches. $450 shipped with box
3. Cabelas Krotos HD15-45x65 straight spotting scope. These scopes are amazing for the price read the reviews on the Rokslide forum. This scope is a great compromise for weight and capability for those who are looking for an affordable, clear, bright scope that they can put in their pack that isn't too heavy and bulky. $SPF shipped with box
4. Cabelas Krotos HD 20-60x86 angled spotting scope. This is a great scope for the truck or if you only have a short walk to the glassing spot. This thing is big and bright the image is very impressive for the price and competitive with much more expensive optics. $550 shipped with box
6. Leupold Gold Ring 14-45x60 with canvas cover. This is a good all around scope that has never let me down. $SPF.
Message me for additional pictures of each scope
Thanks Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
The Kowa 501 doesn't have a removable eyepiece
Don't know much about them. What little bit of research I've been able to do on it, I've ran across that some have a fixed power eye piece or 20-40x.

Don't know much about them. What little bit of research I've been able to do on it, I've ran across that some have a fixed power eye piece or 20-40x.
Okay, I am sorry I misunderstood your question. This one is 20x-40x I assumed they were all the same since they could not be changed.

Okay, I am sorry I misunderstood your question. This one is 20x-40x I assumed they were all the same since they could not be changed.
No problem. How's the glass in it? What would you compare it too?

It's not the best glass out there, but that's not the point of this spotter it's for backpack hunting where ounces matter. That's also why it is so affordable compared to other Kowa spotters. I don't know what to compare it to its got more noticeable chromatic aberration than my other spotters it gets darker when you go up to max power as other spotters do. sorry if that's not very helpful. My recommendation is if you want a spotter for truck / range / competition use get something bigger and better. If you want to hike 10 miles back into the bush this will be your best friend.

It's not the best glass out there, but that's not the point of this spotter it's for backpack hunting where ounces matter. That's also why it is so affordable compared to other Kowa spotters. I don't know what to compare it to its got more noticeable chromatic aberration than my other spotters it gets darker when you go up to max power as other spotters do. sorry if that's not very helpful. My recommendation is if you want a spotter for truck / range / competition use get something bigger and better. If you want to hike 10 miles back into the bush this will be your best friend.
I understand that. Just seeing what you thought of it. Already have a Swarovski 65mm that's a couple pounds heavier, so trying to decide if I really need this. The weight definitely has my attention.

Recent Posts