Spotting scope covers - Flip up style

ID Mtn Man

I've been a long time consumer on this forum and have searched high and low to no avail.

I am quite perplexed that you cannot find Butler Creek or AADMOUNT style flip up covers for spotting scopes. When backpack hunting, this could save some SERIOUS time, not to mention heartaches of leaving caps or neoprene covers on the ground. Anybody else feel the same way?

Perhaps a greater variety of spotter covers would be great. The covers available presently only fit a small amount of configurations and are very pricey. I've seen Swarovski covers go for big $$$$. Would be nice to find an independent manufacturer producing reasonably priced covers.

Outdoor vision is now making a much more reasonably priced softcase for Swarovski spotters. I have one on its way to CO now

The Outdoor Vision stuff looks nice, however, it's not the solution a lot of guys are looking for. I do not see the need for an entire zippered case to bring along on a back country hunt. For the 65mm Swaro, they advertise 4.6 oz. for a 500D Cordura, with foam, zippers and poly liner. Somehow they say the case for 85mm is 3.6 oz. I call BS.

Even IF it was 4.6 oz., that's a quarter pound I don't want to carry when a 1.5 oz pair of flip up caps would do the job. Call me crazy

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.