Spotter Upgrade

okierifleman

I have decided to upgrade my old Kowa. It is about 15 years old and there are a lot better scopes out there now. I have read several comparisons but most of them seem fairly old. I am looking for some recent reviews from people that are using them currently. I have it narrowed down to the Leica 82, the Kowa 883, and the Swaro STS80. It will be used mostly for range work at distance so I wont have to pack it.
Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I have decided to upgrade my old Kowa. It is about 15 years old and there are a lot better scopes out there now. I have read several comparisons but most of them seem fairly old. I am looking for some recent reviews from people that are using them currently. I have it narrowed down to the Leica 82, the Kowa 883, and the Swaro STS80. It will be used mostly for range work at distance so I wont have to pack it.
Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

For a range spotter I prefer the Swarovski Spotting Scopes. The Vortex reticled eye piece attaches to the Swaro and subtends correctly. I also prefer the focusing mechanism on the swarovski as well. Course and fine focus are done at the same time on a nice wide focus ring instead of two small independent knobs.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.